XTERRA WETSUITS are warranted against manufacturing defects for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Proof of purchase is required and is only applicable to the original owner of a new wetsuit and is not transferable.
Manufacturing defects covered under the one-year limited warranty include seam separations caused by a defect. Any seam which separates all the way through on both the inside and outside of the wetsuit is not considered a defect in manufacturing.
XTERRA WETSUITS retains the right to determine whether damage is caused by normal wear and tear, non-manufacturing issues, accidents, misuse, improper care and/or negligence. All of these are not manufacturing defects, and this is not an exhaustive list.
XTERRA WETSUITS also retains the right to approve or reject warranty claims at their discretion; refunds are not an option for approved warranty claims. If your warranty is approved, your suit will be repaired only. XTERRA WETSUITS will repair at no charge any warranty claim that is deemed by the company to have been a defect in manufacturing. Customer is responsible for all freight charges to and from for the repair.
DAMAGE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY:
· One sided Seam separations caused by manufacturing defects. (Seams that are completely open are not considered a defect but is separation caused by force.)
· Stitching failures caused by manufacturing defects. (Seams that are completely open are not considered a defect but is separation caused by force.)
· A legitimated seam defect will show signs of separation on one side or the other but not both. (Seams that are completely open are not considered a defect but is separation caused by force.)
DAMAGE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY:
· Neoprene tears and punctures
· Melting due to sun or heat exposure
· Heel tears (tears caused by forcefully putting on or taking your suit off to the extent that your heel, finger or anything else punctures the suit)
· Damage caused by chlorine (degradation of the gluing in the suit is the most common chlorine-caused damage)
· Zipper detachment or zipper-tooth breakage
· Failures due to overuse or normal wear and tear
· Seam separations that are completely open.
OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT VOID THE WARRANTY:
LAVA SHORTS and LAVA PANTS are covered under warranty for 90-days from the date of purchase. All information regarding warranty claims on wetsuits applies to Lava Pants and Lava Shorts apart from the duration of the warranty.